Saturday, February 1, 2014

House Tour - Foyer, Hallway, Living Room, & Dining Room

I jumped to the back bedroom first but now I'd like to go back to the porch so we can enter through the front door.

Welcome to the foyer.


About 10 years ago Grandma went through a Victorian phase. 

The diamonds in the door are routed out and Grandma hand painted them pink.

This is the second wallpaper in this room in my lifetime. I'll have to ask Grandma what was here before the flocked wallpaper prior to this one.

Coat closet in the foyer.

Stepping to the left from the foyer is the hallway leading to the 2 first floor bedrooms and the bathroom.

This is the view looking out of the master bedroom just to the left of the foyer. On the left is a narrow linen closet, then the bathroom, followed by a broom closet, and at the end of the hallway is the back bedroom on the left and the kitchen on the right. The pink carpet feels like it goes on forever.


She's a fan of Precious Moments.

I like this house picture frame. Maybe painted white.

View from the other end of the hallway looking past the bathroom and linen closet into the master bedroom. 
Making a left at the the end of the hallway above will lead back past the foyer into the living room which is where we're headed next.


The Cornices over the windows in the living and dining rooms were made by grandpa and reupholstered over the years as they redecorated. 



The stone on the fireplace matches the stone on the front of the house


This sectional couch is the first and only couch that has ever been in this room. Setting it up with the opposite ends connected makes it more like a traditional couch instead of L-shaped. I'ts been reupholstered 3 times!

This is the original newspaper ad for the couch that Grandma has saved all these years. She colored it lightly.
The stairs lead up to the upstairs bedroom.

This is where my father's room was once my aunt was born.
Opposite the living room is the dining room. Well, Grandma calls it the "Dinette" which I guess is appropriate since it's small and open to the living room.

The dining room chairs got the pink upholstery treatment when the couch and window cornices were recovered. 
Grandma had the upper portion of the china cabinet put on legs to give it a little extra height.


No peeking in that Kitchen! The bathroom and kitchen are getting a post all their own next.

4 comments:

  1. I saw your post on houzz.com about your Grandma's bathroom and I loved your gray paint options. As soon as you posted that you had started a blog I thought "I'm in". The tour is great. I love the fireplace and the sectional. I'm a little freaked out by the doll clothes but, overall, it's a very sweet house. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eugene! I'm glad you enjoyed the tour thus far. Keep following to see more of the house and how I transform it.

      :)

      Delete
  2. I also saw your post on Houzz and since I just bought a house that was build in 1957, I thought, maybe I should stick around and see what you do in your home. My new - old home was also very well maintained and now I'm just looking to make it a bit my own. Can't wait to see the transformation since my home looks a lot like yours; Trim, privacy windows and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad others are enjoying the blog too. I'm doing it for myself but it's nice to know that other people are interested in the journey as well.

      :)

      Delete